Institute of Metro and Rail Technology (IMRT) is a first of its kind initiative in the country. It aims to establish a world class knowledge based institute focused on Metro and Railway sectors. IMRT was envisioned with the objective of providing training and professional development services through high quality courseware, innovative teaching methods, case and problem based learning and experience sharing by national and international experts from metro and mainline railway sectors.
IMRT's flagship One Year Post Graduate Program in Metro and Rail Technology commencing from August 2014, is one of the programs aimed at developing professional talent for the rail and metro industry. The Institute's unique Learning Optimisation Process requires faculty across various roles (Full Time / Part Time / Visiting). Full Time roles are based out of Hyderabad only.
1. Develop a sense of curiosity and create interest in the respective subject among the students to achieve the objectives of building self learning, thinking, doing and problem solving abilities.
2. Develop the required and relevant courseware, lesson plans, teaching methodologies, quizzes, case studies to achieve the objectives outlined in the point above.
3. Develop a systematic process for conducting relevant domain presentations, student seminars, discussions based on individual / group assignments and industry / site visits.
4. Develop a continuous evaluation plan and process to measure and monitor the progess in learning, exploring, problem solving skills and the desired outcomes.
5. Assist / Develop Applied Research Projects and publish relevant papers in their respective domains etc.
Ph.D from Reputed Universities / Institutes in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Communications, Mechanical Engineering, Physic, Mathematics with 1 - 2 years of teaching experience in a reputed Institute or Engineering College (Ph.Ds without experience are also encouraged to apply)
M.Tech. / M.Sc. from Reputed Universities / Institutes in Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Communications, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics with 3 - 5 years of teaching experience in a reputed Institute or Engineering College
Retired Indian Railway/ Metro Rail professionals (IRSE) from Track, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Telecommunications, Operations domains with a passion and flair for teaching below 65 years of age